Tuesday 12 April 2016

Movie: The Mortal Instruments: The City Of Bones



Movie: The Mortal Instruments: The City Of Bones

Summary:

Fifteen-year-old Clary Fray, your average artsy teenage girl with her gamer/comic geek best friend Simon Lewis goes to the club Pandemonium. Inside, she sees a blue haired boy and a beautiful raven haired girl heading for the stored room with two boys following undetected behind them armed with what appears to be a knife. No one else seems to see them so she gets Simon to go get help while she follows them. She listens to a bizarre conversation about demons and watches the blue haired 'boy' being killed and suddenly vanishes. Clary being an artsy girl likes to draw and she can't seem to get a symbol out of her head, later she finds out that the people she saw in Pandemonium and the symbol are connected when she sees it again but on the blonde haired boy she saw with the knife. She then gets a frightening phone call from her mother and is sucked into a world where every fantasy story she read and every nightmare she's had is real…

(Same summary from The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones book review)


Review:

When I first watched this movie, I thought it was really good, but I had yet to read the books. Watching the movie was actually the reason I started reading the books because I wanted to know what happened next. It wasn't until I read the books that I realised how badly the movie was put together. They put spoilers for the rest of the books, like things that shouldn't have been released until the second or third book into the movie even though the movie was only supposed to be about the first book. There was also so much that happened in the books that they changed or that (in my opinion) was important that they just didn't put into the movie. Then there were parts that weren't even part of the book that were added in when they weren't needed. I do think that the actors that played each part fit the roles perfectly and some of the scenes where good (not all of them though), but even though I personally love the Mortal Instruments series and Cassandra Clare is my all time favourite author but the movie doesn't do the book any justice. If I hadn't read the books I would think the movie was good but I have read the books.  


So to sum up this review I would rate this movie 2 stars. ««

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment